VMware Cloud Community
mohab_samy
Contributor
Contributor

Could not connect to the Manager Service

Dears,

I got the following Error and Warning and I can't connect or collect inventory from my vSphere enviroment, this happened suddenly, it was working before

Error:

Ping Failure :
The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate,NTLM'.
Inner Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Warning:

Could not connect to the Manager Service. The service might be offline or restarting. If this error persists, verify the that ManagerService.exe is running and that the endpoint, https://IAAS Manager LB/VMPS2Proxy, can be reached

Could not connect to the Manager Service

Wa

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Please provide more information up front. What version of vRA is this? What occurred to cause it to stop working? Is there a LB fronting the manager services?

0 Kudos
mohab_samy
Contributor
Contributor

I am using vRA 7.5 HF2, I don't know what is happened on the customer enviroment, I am using LB but for some reasons I bypassed it by using the 1 Node IP in the Hosts file,

and before discovering this issue i checked the vRA cluster and i found vRA Node3 promoted as a Master I restarted vRA Node1 and promoted as a Master again

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If this is a customer you support, instruct them to open a case with GSS. That's why they pay for support.

0 Kudos