VMware Cloud Community
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

CloudClient - Change Reservation

Hi,

I've noticed that after moving a machine to a new reservation the machine object itself will be assigned to the correct business group and reservation, however the deployment object is still assigned to the business group of the previous reservation.

For example

MachineA

Business Group: Buisiness Group1

Reservation: Reservation1

Move the machine to Reservation2 which is assigned to Business Group2 with the following command:

vra machines change reservation --ids MachineA --reservationName Reservation2

You end up with the deployment still assigned to Business Group1, but the machine is assigned to Business Group2 and Reservation2.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yeah... change reservation has no validation to ensure that you are only moving between reservations that are available to the business group.

Change business group (and reservation) is currently under development.

What you are seeing is "expected" (but not intended) behaviour.

Do me a favour and log it as a bug, will help us to get more eyes on the problem.

Grant http://grantorchard.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yeah... change reservation has no validation to ensure that you are only moving between reservations that are available to the business group.

Change business group (and reservation) is currently under development.

What you are seeing is "expected" (but not intended) behaviour.

Do me a favour and log it as a bug, will help us to get more eyes on the problem.

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Cheers Grant. Will log it as a bug this afternoon.

I have inherited an interesting environment where workloads were deployed in a rush and the business group / reservation design has since changed... so things need to be moved around a fair bit.

Maybe I will have to see if vRO can do this.

If I find a decent solution i'll post it here.

🙂

0 Kudos