I try deploying a vm in vcac and i get this message
CloneVM : The object has already been deleted or has not been completely created
in the "recent events , it telss me request .. bleprint , then right away this message.
not much information.
any ideas ?
I am using vcac 6.1 ..
My only recourse would be to delete the endpoint. It seems, all the existing endpoints have the issue and not the new one's.
However, when i try to delete the endpoint, I encounter this, which has no resoultion.
Only certain endpoints. I changed the name of the cluster in those endpoints.. and that is what is messing me up.
wish there was a way to cleanly start over .. but i know not with Vcac 6.1
For what it's worth, we have the same problem with a vCenter endpoint. It's a new one we have added. The first one we added still works fine. Will post back if I figure out what's going on...
For those that are having the problem saying it is deleted or not fully created are you possibly using a vCO workflow for these templates that is calling the WFSTUBbuildingmachine workflow? Or are you just plain provisioning a VM with no external workflows?
I am having the same issue with one of my datacenters that will not fire off the CloneVM job. It finishes the building workflow stub and fails as soon as it starts the CloneVM task. I do not even see anything in vCenter that makes me think vCenter even got the request, let along try to start it. I have a SR open with VMware and will post my findings when it comes
Any updates on your SR? We are seeing the same issue after a cluster name change. We are using vCAC 6.01. We have removed all references to the "old" cluster name, but are still unable to anything to that endpoint...another endpoint is functioning fine however.
I solved my problem using the following KB:
I had a number of tasks that needed to be done around this SQL Db cleanup though. My issue was caused by my vSphere clusters names changing. This is what I had to do to correct the issue:
1. Delete all compute resources from the Fabric groups
2. Attempt to remove the Endpoint (this errored for me as it indicated that there were still compute resources in use)
a. Using the KB article I cleaned out ALL host ID records that were present for the particular Endpoint (note that the Agent service must be stopped else the records will be re-created)
b. Now the Endpoint can be removed safely
3. Re-Add the EndPoint and wait a few minutes
4. Add the "newly" named clusters to the fabric group again
This did it for me. I actually had to do this on more than one occasion as we had multiple EndPoints with names that changed.
*** Note to self, the warning:
"Renaming vSphere assets after discovery can cause provisioning to fail."
This is taken from:
This limitation has caused us to rethink some of our naming conventions and we are changing them to adjust for a more global view of things. Uniqueness is important as vCAC has a much higher level of visibility.