VMware Cloud Community
SteveEsx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Change lease limits on all deployed machines in vRA 7.3

I got a request to change our leases in vRA to be 365 days that can be renewed.

That was easy enough to change on our blueprints with min days lease: 1 max days lease: 365, archival 90 days. 

But how do I change it on deployed machines in vRA 7.3? They still follow the limits that were set when they were deployed and can only be extended for 90 days.

I googled around and found this post below but it does not seem to change limits and only does a lease extension within limits set if I understand it correctly:

Update Lease date for a deployed VM from VRO

Can I change limits on deployed machines with a vRO workflow or do I need to edit the vRA database?

It does not look like PowerVRA has any commands for this but maybe the CloudClient?

Thanks for any help with this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you upgrade, you see the following checkbox at the bottom of a blueprint which will allow you to push those changes to existing deployments.

pastedImage_0.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This was functionality only available in vRA 7.4+ and I'm not sure it's possible in earlier versions.

SteveEsx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks I did not know that. I was planning to upgrade to vRA 7.5 anyway this summer.

If I upgrade can I then change already existing deployed VMs or will it only apply to new deployments processed by vRA 7.4+?

Also what is the procedure for doing the limit change on deployed VMs in the new version? I'm reading the docs now but it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you upgrade, you see the following checkbox at the bottom of a blueprint which will allow you to push those changes to existing deployments.

pastedImage_0.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

SteveEsx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've now completed the upgrade to vRA 7.6 and verified that this works fine now. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos