VMware Cloud Community
hardwithporc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot update vRa to 8.2 via vRLCM because of checksum

Hello,

I updated my vLCM to the new version 8.2.0.23 to be able to update my vRa to 8.2.

My problem is : I downloaded the iso named "Prelude_VA-8.2.0.12959-17018654-updaterepo.iso" from "my vmware" (VMware vRealize Automation 8.2.0 Update Repository) then uploaded it via ssh to my vRLCM appliance in the folder /data/upgrades. From the vRLCM interface, i'm going in the settings then in "Binary Mapping" then "add binary". I precise the folder /data/upgrades then click "discover" and I find my iso.

I select it then click "add" but I receive this error :

com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.common.exception.EngineException: One or more selected files checksums does not match with any product versions supported by vRealize Lifecycle Manager.

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.sourcemapping.tasks.SourceMappingTask.execute(SourceMappingTask.java:111)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.automata.core.TaskThread.run(TaskThread.java:45)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

More info :

Error Code: LCMSOURCEMAPPING10018

Selected files checksums does not match with any product versions supported by vRealize Lifecycle Manager.

One or more selected files checksums does not match with any product versions supported by vRealize Lifecycle Manager.

I have checked the cheksum of my file (directly from the appliance ssh console) and it matches the checksum given on my vmware page...

Is somebody has the same problem ? Am I doing it right ?

Thank you in advance !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

you also have to install the latest support pack for vRSLCM which will bring the correct checksums Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

5 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

you also have to install the latest support pack for vRSLCM which will bring the correct checksums Smiley Wink

emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We ran into the same issue.  I wasn't directly involved with addressing it, but I believe this blog post helped point us in the right direction

https://cormachogan.com/2020/07/16/vrslcm-binary-mapping-from-local-are-not-added-solved/

I think we had to update the version and sha256 info in this file:

/data/vm-config/vmrepo/checksumRepo/vr/vra820

0 Kudos
hardwithporc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your answer ! Where can I download it ? Marketplace or MyVmware ?

My vRSLCM doesn't have access to internet.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
hardwithporc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

(sorry for the multiple answer, I cannot edit my previous answers because of an error)

Here is my status :

In vRLCM, I already have version 8.2.0 "compatible" if we refer to "Product Support Pack" page (see screenshot)

Capture.PNG

Then I checked the file in the appliance : /data/vm-config/vmrepo/checksumRepo/vr/vra820 and in the "update" section of the json, I see :

{

"binaryType": "upgrade",

"componentName": "default",

"binaryName": "/Prelude_VA-8.2.0.12946-16980951-updaterepo.iso",

"prefix": "Prelude_VA-8.2.0",

"binaryChecksum": [

{

"checksumType": "MD5",

"file": "",

"checksum": ""

},

{

"checksumType": "SHA1",

},

{

"checksumType": "SHA256",

}

],

"filesChecksum": {

"file": "/update/manifest/manifest-latest.xml.sha256",

"checksumType": "SHA256",

"checksum": "fb20b5493396a9ddc8fba32ff08e84dc5c95a6fa01f7262abf4f9c06e0f8f0f0",

"checksums": {}

}

}

The first problem I see here is the "binaryName" which is not the same as mine. Mine is with a higher build number : Prelude_VA-8.2.0.12959-17018654-updaterepo.iso (the one I downloaded from myVMWare)

So I found something about "Product Support Pack" here : https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/patch#search

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 09.14.31.png

I installed it but it doesn't solve my problem.

0 Kudos
hardwithporc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi !

Last update !

It's working now ! I didn't apply correctly the support pack I found (see previous post). So I did it, it has restarted my appliance and I retried to add Product Binary and everything went fine !

Thank you for your help.