VMware Cloud Community
DavidArmstrongN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot configure Hyper-V Reservation

I have successfully followed the steps to "Create a Standalone Hyper-V Endpoint" (page 15 in the "IaaS Configuration for Virtual Platforms - vcloud Automation Center 6.0" document)

I also successfully created a Fabric Group and was able to select the Hyper-V resources for the Compute Resources section of the fabric group.

The issue that I am running into is that I cannot create a Reservation for the business group as detailed on page 23 of the same PDF referenced above.  Specifically, under New Reservation > Virtual, the only option is vSphere (vCenter).  There is not any reference to the Hyper-V environment.  (See attached screenshot.  The two end points visible there are vSphere endpoints.)

For what it is worth, I also cannot create a Hyper-V endpoint.  I am not sure if that is a symptom of an underlying or related problem.

What gives?  Am I doing something wrong?

What is the correct procedure to setup vCAC connectivity to a standalone Hyper-V environment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is most likely a licensing issue.

Are you running vCloud Suite, or vCAC Enterprise?

vCloud Suite doesn't cover you for any endpoints other than vSphere, and it's usually licensed on a per-socket basis.

vCAC Enterprise is licensed on a per-vm basis, and provides access to all the other endpoint types (Hyper-V, OpenStack, AWS.)

Hope this helps.

Alex

View solution in original post

5 Replies
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think you need to get the endpoint working first , what is the issue when you attempt to set up the endpoint ?

can you post some screen shots or logs ?

0 Kudos
DavidArmstrongN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The endpoint issue is the same.  Hyper-V is not an option.  (See screenshot).

Which logs do you want?

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is most likely a licensing issue.

Are you running vCloud Suite, or vCAC Enterprise?

vCloud Suite doesn't cover you for any endpoints other than vSphere, and it's usually licensed on a per-socket basis.

vCAC Enterprise is licensed on a per-vm basis, and provides access to all the other endpoint types (Hyper-V, OpenStack, AWS.)

Hope this helps.

Alex

DavidArmstrongN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Alex.  It looks we have the Enterprise license for vCloud Suite... not vCAC Enterprise.

0 Kudos