VMware Cloud Community
prestonville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Calling legacy stubs in new install of vRA7.3.1 fail

I have just installed a new vRA 7.3.1 environment, I have ported over some workflows over from an older 6.2.4 environment to the embedded vRO and are going to use them as legacy STUB callouts from blueprints in the build and post stages for machine provisioning.

Set up the vRO as an endpoint. Also XAAS calls to the vRO work fine.

When I add the legacy stub callouts to the blueprint they seem to be ignored. (Just to check that the vRO was working i removed the legacy stubs and enabled a event broker call and the workflows were called (failed as expected as wrong payload contents).

Anyone know if there is a configuration in vRA7.x that i need to do to enable legacy stub callouts from blueprints?

Thanks

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes the previous method of calling those workflows through the stubs should still work (at least it did in 7.3).  I'd highly recommend using the new event subscriptions though as soon as possible if you can.  If this is a new install you'll need to run the workflows to enable the old method.  Navigate to Library\vRealize Automation\Infrastructure Administration\Extensibility\Installation\Install vCO Customization.  This will setup the old style extensibility.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is all run through EBS in 7.x and that fixed stub-per-state doesn't exist any longer, which is actually good because you aren't limited to just a single stub in each state.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes the previous method of calling those workflows through the stubs should still work (at least it did in 7.3).  I'd highly recommend using the new event subscriptions though as soon as possible if you can.  If this is a new install you'll need to run the workflows to enable the old method.  Navigate to Library\vRealize Automation\Infrastructure Administration\Extensibility\Installation\Install vCO Customization.  This will setup the old style extensibility.

0 Kudos
prestonville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I agree that event broker calls are the way forward. We just had to initially transfer these old workflows over to get working then at a later date re code them to use the appliance payload information and event broker calls.

Running the workflow listed above added the legacy stub calls.