VMware Cloud Community
aamodei01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Business Group Custom Properties as a dropdownlist

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out (im new to vRA and vCO), but Im trying to figure out if it's possible for the following with the show data below:

Biz Group A - User A & User X

Custom Property - Biz.GL - 12345 and 12354

Biz Group B - User B & User X

Custom Property - Biz.GL - 24556 and 29844

What I'd like to accomplish it presenting a drop down list on the request for every user attached to all of our blueprints which does the following:

If User A sends a request for a vm, they are presented with the standard form with a drop down list which shows 12345 or 12354 for selection

If User B sends a request for a vm, they are presented with the standard form with a drop down list which shows 24556 or 29844 for selection

If User X sends a request for a vm, they are presented with the standard form with a drop down list which shows 12345 or 12354 or 24556 or 29844 for selection

Can anyone tell me is this is feasible/possible without custom design? Im just talking OOTB functionality...

thank you!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Not OOTB using nothing but IaaS... Custom properties are populated based on the business group initiating the request, not "this user is in multiple business groups, make all values present". User X, when requesting from  BG A would see 12345 and 12354, and when requesting from BG B, would see 24556 and 29844.. That's how the product works out of the box if you're just using IaaS blueprints.

-Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Not OOTB using nothing but IaaS... Custom properties are populated based on the business group initiating the request, not "this user is in multiple business groups, make all values present". User X, when requesting from  BG A would see 12345 and 12354, and when requesting from BG B, would see 24556 and 29844.. That's how the product works out of the box if you're just using IaaS blueprints.

-Steve
0 Kudos