zwal1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Blueprints not appearing after migrating from 6.2.3 to 7.3

Jump to solution

Not sure if anybody has experienced this before or not but I'm having issues finding anything when searching. We recently performed a migration from our 6.2.3 environment to our shiny new 7.3 environment and afterwards I noticed that some of my blueprints were behaving differently.

Off the bat, they do not have the "cover page" or whatever it is called where the description, reason for request, and number of VMs appears on the first page and then you click in to the machine to answer the custom form questions and compute questions.

Secondly, when I navigate to Design > Blueprints, those blueprints do not appear. So I navigated to Administration > Catalog Management > Catalog Items and for source they show up as "Infrastructure Services".

Does anyone know what this means and how I can find/edit these blueprints again? Is it simply a permissions issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zwal1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just figured I would reply to this in case anybody else ran into a similar issue.

I ended up opening a case to GSS for this issue. Turns out that although the migration did not fail it was unsuccessful in migrating over all of my blueprints, which is something that is only mentioned in the migration logs. Ultimately I had to run this command on my manager server in order to see the blueprints that were failing:

E:\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\Cafe> .\Vcac-Config.exe UpgradeMachineBlueprints -d <vra_source_iaasdb> -s <vra_source_iaasdb_server> -su <vraaccountname> -sp <vrapassword> -v

The output specified the IDs of the blueprints which I was able to use in the following query on my source iaas database. This allowed me to perform the above command again successfully. A reboot took care of the rest. Hope this helps somebody else in the future!

UPDATE [dbo].[VirtualMachineTemplate]
SET ReconfigureMaxDisks = NULL
WHERE VirtualMachineTemplateID in (

<ids from previous command>

)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
zwal1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just figured I would reply to this in case anybody else ran into a similar issue.

I ended up opening a case to GSS for this issue. Turns out that although the migration did not fail it was unsuccessful in migrating over all of my blueprints, which is something that is only mentioned in the migration logs. Ultimately I had to run this command on my manager server in order to see the blueprints that were failing:

E:\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\Cafe> .\Vcac-Config.exe UpgradeMachineBlueprints -d <vra_source_iaasdb> -s <vra_source_iaasdb_server> -su <vraaccountname> -sp <vrapassword> -v

The output specified the IDs of the blueprints which I was able to use in the following query on my source iaas database. This allowed me to perform the above command again successfully. A reboot took care of the rest. Hope this helps somebody else in the future!

UPDATE [dbo].[VirtualMachineTemplate]
SET ReconfigureMaxDisks = NULL
WHERE VirtualMachineTemplateID in (

<ids from previous command>

)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos