VMware Cloud Community
jgemcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Blueprint Dropdown with vCO Questin and dynamic/internal input-parameters

Hi,

I try to display a dropdown Box in a Blueprint request - using an vco external Value which is working fine so far.

But the vCO action needs to get a input parameter for tenant and subtenant/business group. Is it possible to pass this internal variables to the vCO Action ?

I tested everything but I can only pass a custom property that is defined in the blueprint - which is not dynamic.

Thanks

Jens

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

I see no "anchors" (payload) to the metadata of form execution.  There doesn't seem to be a way to reference anything relative to the catalog request in that portion of the request lifecycle.  (the form itself)  This is true in both XaaS (ASD) and IaaS Blueprints. All of the values that can be passed are string based. (whether pulled from other properties or otherwise)

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

I do have a potential option for you though.  When you build your business groups, create custom properties in the business group with whatever qualifiers you need (e.g. BusinessGroup.tenant & BusinessGroup.name) and populate those with the string inputs you need to pass.  (you will have to do lookups for actual tenant object and subtenant object in your action... if you need the objects...)

Business group custom properties are available to be bound as external action input parameters.  This is dynamic on the request form because the properties for the business group are added into the request when the request form is loaded.  You won't be able to "pick" the bound Value, but if you supply the custom property name... it will work.

passingValues.jpg

passingValues2.jpg

passingValues3.jpg

0 Kudos