VMware Cloud Community
deanvictrix
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bizarre Remote Console Behaviour

Hello Everyone,

I have a ticket open with Support however its with the software team at the moment so I thought I would ask here incase on the off chance someone has seen this before.

We have a vRA 6.2 and a vRA 7.2 platform. 6.2 works with no issues.

7.2 for some reason when I click "Connect to Remote Console" on a deployed VM, the initial connection to the console fails with the below error, however hitting a refresh on the browser the remote console connection initiates, originally I thought this was an issue with our F5's but I have changed things around and built separate platforms to test that do not go through the F5 and I still get the errors:

Cannot establish a remote console connection , verify that the machine is powered on if the server has self-signed certificate, you might need to accept certificate, then close and retry the connection.

Any help suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Dean

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deanvictrix
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, it turns out that there is a default timeout when initiating the remote console connection, it would appear that at our particular site, that is secure with no internet access for some reason the timeout was being reached. We had to increase the timeout to 20000ms in the /etc/vcac/security.properties file, the setting is:

consoleproxy.timeout.connectionInitMs=20000

Hope this helps someone in the future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
deanvictrix
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, it turns out that there is a default timeout when initiating the remote console connection, it would appear that at our particular site, that is secure with no internet access for some reason the timeout was being reached. We had to increase the timeout to 20000ms in the /etc/vcac/security.properties file, the setting is:

consoleproxy.timeout.connectionInitMs=20000

Hope this helps someone in the future.

AScera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks I had the same problem, my vRA has the version: 7.6.0, in my case the file /etc/vcac/security.properties did not have the line, it was just aggregating it and it worked.

0 Kudos