VMware Cloud Community
TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Automating VM-level Trend Reports by Cluster, Host

Let's assume I have the need to run a set of basic trend reports for all VMs in a given cluster.  I would love to automate this report and distribution.

In my hypothetical example, Cluster ABC has eight (8) Hosts and twenty (20) VMs.  I need to run monthly reports and the "customer" wants the "Virtual Machine CPU Diagnose" format.  I'd like to be able to select the Cluster or an individual Host and have the report generate charts on all VMs.  I can do this with List-style reports; but seemingly not with Trend-style reports.

Currently, I can either (1) manually generate this on each VM from the "Details tab", after resetting the date range, or (2) I can create a new report for each VM (which unfortunately only displays the standard 24-hour view).  Each view is only a single VM.

Given my relative newness to vRealize report generation, I might well be missing the simple answer.  I hope I can learn from you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have seen variation on what I want in other tools such as TeamQuest and CA Performance Manager.  I was hoping someone knew if this was possible in vRealize and how.

If you do this via scripts or something, I'm not asking for your proprietary work products, just a "yes it can be done" and the 40,000 foot view of the steps you took...

Many thanks!!

0 Kudos