VMware Cloud Community
MadMiki
Contributor
Contributor

Assigning storage reservation policy based on user request ?

Any one know how we could change de storage reservation policy base on the user request ? We are using custom forms. We tried with a pre-approval event executing a vRO workflow, but for some users (no admins rights), it it seems that we cannot edit the properties "VirtualMachine.DiskN.StorageReservationPolicy" thought a vRO workflow...

Any idea or exemple how we can do this ?

We are under vRA 7.6 HF2

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I did this fairly quickly and easily with SovLabs Property Toolkit. Based on user input to the custom form it sets one of many other custom properties.

0 Kudos
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert

There was a change to the privilege system for overriding & setting new custom property values (I think around 7.5 IIRC but could have been earlier).

Anyway, for a non-BG admin user the relevant property has to be on the blueprint (directly or via a PropertyGroup) and must be set to "Show in Request" to permit them to set/change the value. For EBS workflows I think the rules are the same but we normally use a shared service account with BGAdmin privileges to run the event workflows.

-HTH

0 Kudos
mmonkman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello.  Did you get this working?

I need to present available storage reservation policies to the requesting user, ideally from a dynamic lookup rather than a static list.

Thanks.

0 Kudos