VMware Cloud Community
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Assigning multiple Cost Profiles

Hi Folks,

We have integrated a Cost Profile to a Compute Resource in vCAC 6.0.

Can we by any chance integrate multiple Cost Profile to a Compute Resource in vCAC 6.0.

Please help.

Regards,

DT

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm not sure this is possible. Would you mind giving more exhaustive details of your use case so we can suggest any ways to satisfy them or make a note of them for future consideration?

Thanks Rags

This posting is provided as is and confers to no rights

0 Kudos
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have a compute resource with 3 reservations - Bronze, Silver and Gold. The VM's deployed in each of these reservations via reservation policy will have different cpu and memory limits/reservations and hence different costing. As of now i'm able to set cost profile only to a compute resource but i want to set the same to reservations. I can use the cost option in the blueprint but it does not change once the end user changes the configuration of the VM deployed via this blueprint. Kindly let us know if there is any way to assin cost profiles directly to reservations instead of compute resources.
Regards,
DT

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

No, it doesn't behave that way. The Cost Profiles in vCAC are allocation based, so concepts like vSphere Reservations have no impact on them (as in fact, with vCAC you cannot overcommit care of vCAC Reservations).

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos