VMware Cloud Community
marinamoreal
Contributor
Contributor

Approval FLOW in VRA8

I read that approvals are no included in VRA8. How can I solved this problems?

Thank you

Marina

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

I don't think you can do it. It has not been implemented in this version.

https://garyflynn.com/technology/vmware/which-version-of-vra-to-deploy/

vRA 8.x Pros & Cons

• PRO – Streamlined deployment process with Easy Installer
  • PRO – Less resource requirements (No SQL/Windows IaaS)
  • PRO – Centralised architecture using single appliance / cluster
  • PRO – No rework required
  • PRO – Infrastructure as Code
  • CON – vRA 8.0 is essentially a version 1.0 product, potentially lots of bugs
  • CON – Not well documented / blogged by VMware customers
  • CON – Missing Features

Missing Features

This is probably the biggest sticking point for many customers – “Feature X is missing from vRA 8.0 so I can’t deploy it”. Admittedly, vRA 8.0 does have some features missing such as approval policies, multi-tenancy, granular role based access and the property dictionary.

Approval Policies – Although approval policies are missing from vRA 8.0 and many customers on vRA 7.x are using them, the same customers also use tools such as ServiceNow, where vRA can leverage the ServiceNow capabilities for the approval policies, with vRA 8.0 then taking over the deployment once ServiceNow has completed the approval workflow. I have not heard anything hinted that this may return in vRA 8.1, so for now there are simply no approval policies in vRA 8.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If for some reason you must deploy and use vRA 8 now, you can build your own custom Approval process using EBS and ABX/vRO. There are a number of event topics you could subscribe to depending on your needs (pre-request, pre-computeallocation, etc.).

It is my understanding that approvals are currently forecasted for vRA 8.1 which should release before mid-year.

0 Kudos