VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Apply modified blueprint parameters to deployed virtual machines. How to?

I am trying to determine if there is a way to reapply the parameters for a component in a blueprint to apply to previously deployed virtual machines from that same blueprint.  We have decided for a blueprint to change the total storage size allowed for a vm to be a couple of hundred gb more than when we had originally set in the blueprint.  New deployments of course get this set correctly but the previously deployed don't inherit this and I can't see a property I can set to allow for it.  I can modify in vCenter but I want to allow for the owners in vRA to expand this as needed.  Am i missing something obvious?  I could swear this was easy to do in 6.x world but maybe I am confused.  We are currently running 7.3.1.

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Paul, that feature didn't exist until 7.4, if I recall. Here's a screenshot from 7.5 that shows the checkbox to propagate updated settings to deployments:

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Paul, that feature didn't exist until 7.4, if I recall. Here's a screenshot from 7.5 that shows the checkbox to propagate updated settings to deployments:

pastedImage_0.png

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Ugh... I could swear this existed before but it sounds like I may have just seen it in release notes or something along those lines.  Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos