VMware Cloud Community
rishabmehta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Appd.Properties Missing

Hey guys,

I have used Application services 6.2 with vRA before and after a lot of head ache got it working with windows Template.

Now I recently started working with vRA 7.0 and as the application services is integrated here and since there is no way to upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0 i am left with creating a new template.

So I created a template using the official guide, some blog posts and even using the same steps i had used for 6.2. But it had refused to work.

Anything anyone can suggest will be really helpful.

Another approach i am trying is, trying to create the AppD.properties manually.

I already have a appd.properties file for 6.2

If some one could maybe give me a demo appd.properties file for 7.0 i could hopefully replace the parameters and try it for my setup

also any help on how temp.key line is generated would be really appreciated.

Hoping to listen from all the master here.

-R

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jobl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is your problem that appd.properties is not found according to the agent logs?

VCI, VCAP-DCA,VCAP-DCD,VCP-NV and so on 🙂 www.rtsab.com
0 Kudos
kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

for VRA 7 best  thing is to try and use the single demo blueprint that is provided with the installation (maybe there are more in 7.0.1)

check out the link below.

there's a slight error in the docu. it says in the 1st step to connect to vra appliance  SSH. there's no point in doing that as you don't need anything in the appliance.

start with step 2 and download (wget) the .zip file mentioned from your appliance to your desktop (on any machine that you happen to use)

You can also use windows machine and download it with a browser (instead of wget in step2). The cloudclient later mentioned can also install on windows

then use the cloudclient as outlined in the article to import this blueprint into VRA.

(yes the sample blueprint exists as a zip file in VRA, but you need to download it from there and import as blueprint into vra if you want to use it. saves you from downloading it from internet)

like I said, skip step 1 (pointless!)

http://pubs.vmware.com/vra-70/index.jsp#com.vmware.vrealize.automation.doc/GUID-EFC696D5-6320-4E5D-8...

Kalli

0 Kudos