When trying to deploy a VM in vRA we get the following error:
Request failed after submitting 1 machines Error requesting machine. Allocate reservation operation failed. . Error: Not enough capacity available on reservation
We have checked the reservations within vRA and there appears to be plenty of space.
We have tried manually deploying a VM using vCenter and this works on all Datastores associated with the Blueprint. All Datastores are set to the same priority (1).
We do not use Storage DRS in our environment - a suggestion was that this may be the problem but I don't believe so as there is plenty of space between the Datastores.
Best I can give you is check again. Check to make sure your are looking at the correct business group and are provisioning the machine in the correct business group if you are a member of multiple groups. If you are using reservation policies check to see if they are assigned to the correct reservations and blueprints. Also check to see if you have a limit on the number of VMs on the reservation you are using.
The error might occure for multiple reasons, you really have to provide more insight in your configuration.
- is there a reservation policy set for the reservations but not for the blueprint?
- is there a reservation policy set for the blueprint but not for the reservations?
- what do you mean by "plenty of space" in the reservation? Do you mean the bar shows space left or did you check the datastore reservations within the vra reservations one-by-one?
- what kind of clone workflow are you using for the blueprint?
- what datastore does the vm you want to clone reside on in vsphere? is the datastore available in the reservation?