VMware Cloud Community
pascallaroche99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After IAAS components Install, iaas-service status is Failed.

Hi,

Just install a vRealize Automation IAAS components on a new install and the iaas-service is at failed. In vRA, when i clic the Infrastructure tab i have a 410 - Unauthorized: Acces is denied due to invalid credantials.

I check time sync, certificate and everything looks fine.

Any clue please?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 11.32.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-16 at 11.32.23 AM.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is the service running on the IaaS host?

Can you check the logs on the IaaS server and see if there is anything on the same?

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
pascallaroche99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Abhilashhb,

Yes it is running.

Thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
pascallaroche99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just found my issue... I am doing a Distributed Install and forget to install DEM Worker and orchestrator.

I found it by going to https://iaas/WAPI/api/status and i had this error message -> No Distributed Execution Manager (DEM) is running as a Worker.No Distributed Execution Manager (DEM) is running as an Orchestrator.

Now my iaas-service is registered!

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 2.41.24 PM.png

0 Kudos
pascallaroche99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This solve the Issue for the iaas-service, but i still have a 401 error in the infrastructure tab. I try the suggestion here -> vRA Enterprise Level Distributed Installation | TheSaffaGeek - VMware KB: Repairing or updating trust between all components within a VMware vRealize Automation en... but it does not solve it!

Any clue?

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 3.42.46 PM.png

0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you check DisableMessageSignatureCheck make any difference? Or Could check the Logs to find the reason behind failure ?

VMware KB: Attempting to request a virtual machine in VMware vRealize Automation fails with the erro...

Thanks

Kumaran

0 Kudos
harirajan2014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Below steps may help , with understanding that your's is a distributed deployment , why can't you go for a shot Smiley Happy

Verify reverse and forward look up is working properly from VRA to IAAS server , try to do the dig  command from the vRA SSH console .

if not working requesting to create a static entry in each VRA appliance under the load balancer , also ensure that port 443 is opened in load balancer to these IAAS server .

for this , go to VRA , under /etc/hosts

add below entry

IP of IAAS    FQDN of IAAS  IAAS HOSTNAME

10.78.5.132  XXXiaas073.domain name XXXiaas073

also same should work from windows IAAS server as well to the the VRA and VIA , you can do the nslookup for that . if not working temporary fix that added a host entry windows /system32/drivers/hosts file , add both VRA and VIA appliance IP and FQDN here.

You have used single username (service account) for  the iaas installation i believe , this user account having highest role here as the IAAS service are running on this useraccount.

Ensure that you have added the user under administrative group of IAAS server. and login with this username in IAAS server , go to sevices.mstc and ensure that all service are running . also ensure username and pasword is correct here and restart the service.

run

Lastly you need to go the server roles and IIS manager , click on the pools and ensure that IIS running with correct username and password .

again if not working please let us know .

0 Kudos