VMware Cloud Community
mohab_samy
Contributor
Contributor

Adding vCenter Endpoint Error

Dears,

I can't add vCenter Endpoint to a new tenant, I got the following error in the log

TestConnection WorkItemResponse: [<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><workItemResponse id="4d498a0a-1015-4d8c-a144-7f5a25de37eb"><task type="testconnection"><result succeeded="false"><message>Test connection failed: Certificate is not trusted (RemoteCertificateChainErrors). Subject: E=support@vmware.com, CN=VMware default certificate, OU=vCenterServer_2017.03.05_174009, O="VMware, Inc." Thumbprint: 29728AB8097F80E5AAB5BB82E62586009B01FA9F</message></result><parameter name="TestConnection.Endpoint.Request.ResultCode">INVALID_CERTIFICATE</parameter><parameter name="trace_id" /></task></workItemResponse>]

vRA version: 7.5

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

When you add the endpoint, you test connection first. It should present a certificate that you must trust. Your message here shows you haven' trusted the certificate yet.

0 Kudos
mohab_samy
Contributor
Contributor

the issue here I didn't receive the certificate to trust it, I didn't receive the popup certificate message, I think this related to firewall,

my vRA appliance on different vLAN than the vCenter and IaaS components,

I don't know if I need to open port 443 from vRA appliances to vCenter or not

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, of course you need to open 443 from vRA to vCenter. How else is it going to talk to it? Read the documentation for the ports needed.

0 Kudos
mohab_samy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, I followed the reference architecture diagram which is not mentioned this communication, it is my fault Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos