VMware Cloud Community
jwhites
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Adding the Embedded vRO 7 to vCenter

I don't really see any documentation on the embedded vRO in the vRealize 7 documentation....it seems like in the past you had to go do something to add it as an extension to vCenter and then do the steps to configure it within vRA.  (logging into the VRO appliance, running some integration commands etc)..(i could totally be remembering that wrong).

Can anyone jot down the basic gist of steps needed for a fresh install of vRA to just get it to the point that you can configure say the vCenter endpoint for VRO and it have access? Or is that all that's required? I noticed the service for the control center is stopped by default...trying to comb through the documentation to find where it tells me to turn it on...no luck so far....i feel like the orchestrator integration is something that is poorly documented and explained due to there being several different ways it is used.  It's very confusing trying to understand if I'm supposed to be going by VRO documentation to configure it, or by VRA documentation or both..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Use the vRA documentation to configure integration, vRO documentation to use vRO as a workflow engine.

To fire up control center, ssh into vra and run service vco-configurator start.

What do you want vRO to do with vRA? There isn't really a "just do this" for vRO integration since it all depends on the system(s) you want it to integrate with and the plugins that are available.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
future2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

You should just need to run the workflows in the vRA 7 vRO instance...

Library > vCenter > Configuration > Add a vCenter server instance

Library > vCenter > Configuration > Register vCenter Orchestrator as a vCenter Server Extension.

You will then be able to view your instance in vSphere web client.

I have an external instance of vRO 7 with my vRA 7 but these steps worked for me.

With the embedded instance you will of course need to start the configuration interface, configure the correct authentication method first however.

The more complex integration between vRA 7 and vRO 7 is detailed in the vrealize-automation-70-extensibility.pdf documentation.

You will need to use both the vRA documentation and the vrealize-orchestrator-70-install-config-guide.pdf and some out of the box thinking to piece it all together. Let me know if there is something specific you are having trouble with.

Cheers

0 Kudos