VMware Cloud Community
MarcelBerlin
Contributor
Contributor

Add a custom tag or property via blueprint input to a deployed machine in vCenter

Dear all, 

I'm new to vRealize automation and I could well need some advise on this issue.

In my vRA blueprint, I want to add an input that enables the requestor to chose an SLA for his deployment from a drop-down-list. The choise shall be added as a tag or custom-property to the deployment.

I already have created the input. But now I simply cannot find a way to make that a tag or property. 

Does anybody have an idea? 

Any input is appreceated very much. Thanks a lot, Marcel. 

5 Replies
carl1
Expert
Expert

In vRA 8, simply add it to the tag section of your blueprint.

Carl L.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What version of vRA is in question here? As you probably know vRA 7.x and 8.x are essentially different applications altogether.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey MarcelBerlin​,

Assuming you are talking about vRA 8.x i just tested this myself because i just wanted to give it a try, there is a property inside the blueprint that comes inside the vSphere Machine objects that is the next:

tags:

-key: tag_category

value: tag_value

So in case you are applying the the tags for the SLA you can combine that with some static inputs just like this:

inputs:

sla:

type:string

title: Select SLA

enum:

-Bronze

-Silver

-Gold

Cloud_vSphere_Machine_1

properties:

tags:

-key: SLA

value: '${input.sla}'

That is just an easy example on how to do a construction like that. And also take a look at this link where you can get a lot of examples: vSphere machine examples in vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly blueprints

MarcelBerlin
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

thanks for your fast replies!

I forgot to mention that it is vRA 8.0. And I followed your suggestions and everything worked fine.

Thanks a lot!!!

Cheers, Marcel.

reshp1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

how do we validate input from user, like proceed deployment incase value it yes, else alert user. Target to have few SLA agreement from user. 

0 Kudos