VMware Cloud Community
nimicyy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmware drs

hi,

in cluster drs the VM that start will run on the esx host where are resources.right?

in time if the workload on the host increase much then this VM will be moved automatically (if the policy is full automation) on other host.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
T180985
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, a VM will be started on the host that has sufficient resources to allow it to run. As VM usage varies over time, DRS will attempt to automatically balance VMs across hosts in the cluster.

For more specifics, i can highly recommend "Clustering Deep Dive" by Frank Denneman, Duncan Epping & Niels Hagoort. Best of all, you can get the PDF for free :smileygrin:

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
T180985
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, a VM will be started on the host that has sufficient resources to allow it to run. As VM usage varies over time, DRS will attempt to automatically balance VMs across hosts in the cluster.

For more specifics, i can highly recommend "Clustering Deep Dive" by Frank Denneman, Duncan Epping & Niels Hagoort. Best of all, you can get the PDF for free :smileygrin:

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Moved to vMotion & Resource Management

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos