VMware Cloud Community
Manuelsab83
Contributor
Contributor

Vmotion and migration issue

Hi to all,

I need some help about an issue with my Vmware ESXi 5.5 infrastructure.

We have an HP Blade Server with three blades, so we have a three hosts Vmware infrastructure.

Host1: 192.168.0.180

Host2: 192.168.0.181

Host3: 192.168.0.182

Vcenter server: 192.168.0.18

After a scheduled Veeam Backup, during the snapshot elimination of a virtual machine on the Host3, the process failed at 71%. It was not so easy but we canceled that task.

Since that moment, is not possible to move a virtual machine directly from Host2 to Host3, while you can safely move a virtual machine from Host2 to Host1 and then to Host3.

Also is not possible to directly connect with SSH protocol to the Host3, while you can do that on the others two hosts.

Below you can find the network configuration of the all three hosts (the Vmotion is enabled for all three hosts on the vSwitch0

Any idea on how we can fix the vmotion issue and the ssh direct connection?

Thanks to everybody.

Manuel

p.s. I've already restart che Host3 in maintenance mode, but nothing has changed

Host1 Networking.JPGHost2 Networking.JPGHost3 Networking.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Manuelsab83
Contributor
Contributor

I'have an update. Some minutes ago, I checked Troubleshooting Configuration, connecting directly to the Host3 using the Blade console, and I've found the SSH disabled.

I've enabled it, and after a few minutes I've been able to move virtual machines from Host2 to Host3 directly.

In fact, now the vmkping fron any to any host is working, while before between Host2 and Host3 was failed.

No idea if SSH disabled was the real issue, but I did nothing more.

0 Kudos