VMware Cloud Community
extremeSDN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Successful Migration through vSphere GUI but not through PowerCLI

I am having some trouble performing a migration using PowerCLI.  I am getting the error: "Unable to access the virtual machine configuration: Unable to access file [datastore1 (3)] jcarroll-vni-3501-server-move/jcarroll-vni-3501-server-move.vmx".       I am able to successfully migrate various VM's through the vSphere Web Client, I only receive this error when attempting the following PowerCLI move command:  PowerCLI C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI> Get-VM -Name jcarroll-vni-3501-server-move | Move-VM -Destination x.x.x.x.

Again, this issue does not occur when migrating this VM via Web Client.  I have checked the datastore, and the file is present and named correctly.  I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
extremeSDN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This issue has been solved by specifying the destination-side datastore along with the source host:   "PowerCLI> Get-VMHost x.x.x.y | Get-VM jcarroll-vni-3501-server-move | Move-VM -Destination x.x.x.x -Datastore "datastore1 (3)"

The source datastore was "datastore1 (1)".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
extremeSDN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This issue has been solved by specifying the destination-side datastore along with the source host:   "PowerCLI> Get-VMHost x.x.x.y | Get-VM jcarroll-vni-3501-server-move | Move-VM -Destination x.x.x.x -Datastore "datastore1 (3)"

The source datastore was "datastore1 (1)".

0 Kudos