VMware Cloud Community
mtakeuchi
Contributor
Contributor

Show DRS recommendations that are out of the threshold?

Hi,

I've got a cluster with DRS set to Fully Automated and the threshold set to 2. So, DRS automatically performs priority 1 & 2 recommendations, but I'd like to also see the lower priority recommendations that aren't automatically performed and maybe choose to apply those manually. Is that possible? Couldn't find it in the docs.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

There is tab that will list the suggested migrations - I believe its titile is DRS Migrations or something like that and is accessible when you have the DRS cluster is seected -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
mtakeuchi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi weinstein5,

The tab is named "DRS", and has a section called "DRS Recommendations". However, you misunderstand. I know where the recommendations are supposed to be. But it only shows recommendations within the "Migration Threshold". So if I have it set to 2, then priority 3+ recommendations don't show in the list. I know there are 3+ recommendations because if I'm switch to "partially auto" and threshold at 5, I see a couple priority 4 & 5 recommendations. When I change the threshold to 3, those recommendations disappear. Change it back to 5 and they return.

In "Partially Automated" mode, that makes sense, but in "Fully Automated" mode, nothing is ever shown in the list because the system does it automatically. But they should show in the list. Sorta like vcenter saying, "hey, I took care of this priority 2 migration for you, but I also got these priority 3 recommendations that you might like."

Thanks.

0 Kudos