Contributor
Contributor

Only uses one Host CPU at the time?

Hi

HP ML 380 Gen10

2x Intel Silver 4215R CPU's 

Esxi 6.7.0

Vcenter 6.7

When checking HP ILO and vmware cpu utilization, it seems only to use one physical CPU at the time. The server is quite busy, so would be nice to have both utilized. See attached

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What mix of VMs are you running?

What do the vSphere client performance charts show? Or ESXTOP?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
CentexRJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

VM's Running Windows Server 2016

ESXtop ect attached,

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How many VMs?

Have you set any CPU affinity on them?

What's the host CPU configuration and the VM CPU configuration?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
CentexRJ
Contributor
Contributor

- 6 VMs

- No, i have not

- See attached. (The exclamation mark,is due to, it states that it is configured by vcenter)

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Each of the 3 VM screenshots shows an affinity:

Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 10.22.58.png

0 Kudos
CentexRJ
Contributor
Contributor

Isn't that just examples? (Greyed out) 

if  i type any, it is black.

CentexRJ_0-1641383032478.pngCentexRJ_1-1641383046535.png

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I thought the UI might have showed the settings in grey based on the ! symbol, perhaps I was wrong about that.

0 Kudos
CentexRJ
Contributor
Contributor

Also, if so, it should stay on the same CPU all the time i guess? It shifts from one CPU to another from time to time, as you can see in the host chart/ilo chart

0 Kudos