VMware Cloud Community
rievax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Network Usage high?

Hello all,

I just did the upgrade of my Virtual Center 3.5 to vCenter 4... No problem for the last month except some random data missing in my performance charts. Besides this issue, I also have something that I don't think had on my previous installation: high network usage on what I think is the service console.

Let me explain: from old hosts (ESX 3.5) to new ones (ESX 4), with or without virtual machines running on them, I have a minimum of 6000 KBps network usage. Obviously, it could not be anything else but the service console traffic. On my older 3.5 ESX hosts (where I have a dedicated NIC for the service console) it can go up to 15000 KBps! That's for that 100mbit/s!

Do you experience the same behaviour?

Thanks for any answers!

Xavier.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

How are you monitoring the network usgae? Also did you install Update Manager? If you did you might be observing the downloading of patches

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
rievax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for answering.

I'm just reading the Advanced Performance stats of the host. Over all virtual machines, my host object is using up to 15000 KBps (see attached file)

Update Manager is installed but everyhing is manual. No download are occuring. Moreover, this behavior is the same for the last month (since my upgrade at least).

0 Kudos