VMware Cloud Community
Newbie009
Contributor
Contributor

DRS history

Hi all,

Is there a way to configure more than the default 4 hours of history for DRS recommendations and movements?

I have found some older articles but am not sure if the information has been updated since then or not.

The reason I need this is that a client wants to document all VMotions that happen because of DRS.

I thought I would set it to 2 stars to make only a few VMotions at the most but the problem is how could I get the information over the weekend, for example, if it clears every 4 hours?

I read that maybe a good DBA could query the database to get this information with a script that ran every 4 hours or something similar.

I also read that you could set the DRS Advanced Option of the dumpspace to a higher value >20MB but is this recommendable and, if it is ok to do, is the value required to be entered in MB or in KB?

I wonder if there has been a feature request (as commented by someone else) to have this as part of the GUI or to have a CLI command to do something about it?

My client is only running at ESX version 4.0 update 2 but with a vCenter 5.0 update 1.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
0 Replies