VMware Cloud Community
bobert
Contributor
Contributor

DRS - entitled resources delivered at 59%

What would be causing a low CPU 'entitled resources delivered' value in the DRS distribution graph?

I seem to consistently have vms which show yellow level.

e.g. highlighted in the picture

4 vCPU vm

entitled resources delivered = 59%

%RDY = 8%

Overall Host CPU = 11%

DRS is set to auto, all but the vcenter vm are auto , minimal affinity rules, no pending DRS moves

ScreenShot1896.jpg

3 Replies
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It looks like your VMs are sitting on one CPU and contending for resources, as the other CPUs seem to be relatively idle. I'm curious what version of vSphere you're running, as perhaps your NUMA node is being saturated (I wrote about this issue here: http://wp.me/p1bQqu-e6)

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos
bobert
Contributor
Contributor

great article, not sure if it applies here though.

attached are 2 more screenshots, not much ready time, and the numa home nodes seem spread out

build is 4.1 U1

ScreenShot1901.jpg

ScreenShot1902.jpg

0 Kudos
ML-EMP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

This arrives a bit late, but I had exactly the same issue today on brand new Dell PE R720's.

I became nearly crazy as NUMA nodes were balanced, etc. and finally... it turned out that the default Profile (in System BIOS) of Performance per Watt / DAPC was in cause.

Once set to "Performance", entitlements were back to 100%. I'll report this to Dell, happened with BIOS 1.2.6 on PER720.

Not sure you have the same one but it might be worth to have a look in your machine BIOS.

Regards,

Marien

-- ML