VMware Cloud Community
ronnysteiner1
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere 6.0 U1 and vCloud Usage Meter 3.4 Interoperability

Hi there,

does anybody know if vCloud Usage Meter 3.4 is compatible with vSphere 6.0 Update 1?

When I check the interoperability matrix only vCenter Server 6.0 GA release is listed as a compatible product to vCloud Usage Meter 3.4.

Also the vCloud Usage Meter 3.4 release notes explicitly lists vCenter Server and ESXi 6.0 but not Update 1.

cheers,

Ronny

Labels (1)
11 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

3.4 UM is not supported with VC 6.0 U1

0 Kudos
ronnysteiner1
Contributor
Contributor

okay thanks. Do you know if and when there will be a version uf UM which is compatible?

admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can expect the compatibility with upcoming UM release but there is no ETA for the release date.

andreaspa
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yeah, it would be nice if VMware could sync so we vCloud Air providers can keep up to date..

michele_berardo
Contributor
Contributor

One month has passed.

Do you have news about the vCloud UM release date compatible with vSphere 6.0 U1?

Regards

0 Kudos
Matt23220111014
Contributor
Contributor

I raised the same point via our VMware support people. I'm told that the matrix will be updated with support for vCloud Usage Meter 3.3.x and 3.4 for vSphere 6.0, 6.0u1, 5.5u2, and 5.5u3. So keep an eye on the interoperability matrix.

For the moment, I'm confident enough with the support (3.4 supports 6.0u1) based on the verbal info I was given. I'm awaiting confirmation that the update has occurred to make it official.

Works vs Supported:

I won't be 100% sure of the performance and stability improvements until we roll out 3.4 (running 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 across about 7 appliances over 8 sites...). Limited lab testing revealed one bug that has been fixed for importing configs but otherwise looks OK, though the proof will only be seen at scale. One of our colleagues in the UK has been running 3.4 for a few months now has been some reporting and config issues that are still being worked through but he is trying to use one appliance across 3 sites and segmenting reports across sites is a bit of an issue at the moment.

0 Kudos
Matt23220111014
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like an Interoperability Matrix document has been uploaded to the community site.

https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-30047

Checking the VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes page the vCloud Usage Meter entry hasn’t been updated.

0 Kudos
andreaspa
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

According to the Matrix, it should be supported with 6.0 U1, but I can't add vCenters that run 6.0 U1, but others work just fine.

0 Kudos
Matt23220111014
Contributor
Contributor

The interoperability Matrix was updated late last week....

0 Kudos
andreaspa
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Why only update the matrix and not the VUM itself? Seems kind of pointless when it clearly does not work Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Matt23220111014
Contributor
Contributor

I was responding to myself because I said I'd reply when the interoperability matrix was updated  (i.e. topic of this thread)

You've raised valid points but it's a separate thread, like the one you started. I'll see you over there for some constructive discussion.

0 Kudos