VMware Cloud Community
MrYeske
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCloud Usage Meter - LDAP - 60 Character DN Limitation

Author : Rositsa Ruzheva

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/vCloud-Usage-Meter/3.6/com.vmware.vcum.usersguide.doc/GUID-FCBD1D5D-CB92...

Topic Name : Configure LDAP Authentication

Publication Name : vCloud Usage Meter 3.6 User's Guide

Product/Version : vCloud Usage Meter/3.6

Question :

Why is there a 60 character limit for the Username DN and User Base DN, and when will we see this bug fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterNed
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

We are actively working on next major version of Usage Meter. Let me check about this limit in it.

BTW how many characters do you need?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterNed
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

We are actively working on next major version of Usage Meter. Let me check about this limit in it.

BTW how many characters do you need?

0 Kudos
MrYeske
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm not sure. The issue arose for us when attempting to target a Base DN in an heavily nested OU (obviously greater than 60 characters). Looking at an MS document, I see a 'Name Length Limitations for LDAP Simple Bind Operations' limitation of 255 characters, so that may be a target?

Another thing I noticed I couldn't configure to the extent I wanted was the From address on the email alerts tab. It would only accept an email address, and not a 'Company X vCloud Usage Meter Alerts <alerts@company.com>' formatted level of customization.

Regardless, I'm eager to see what advancements come to the appliance down the road. Thanks!

0 Kudos