VMware Cloud Community
smolteni
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCloud Usage Meter 3.3.3 error

Hello

i get this error message... i don't know exactly the meaning, is there someone can help me?

On the Usage Meter at (192.168.x.x, fe80:0:0:0:250:56ff:fe96:554b%2), a collection from server077.root.local, begun at 2016-02-20 23:05:00, failed at 2016-02-20 23:06:24. com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.ClientTransportException: HTTP transport error: java.net.UnknownHostException: server077.root.local

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It is DNS issue. UM unable to resolve vCenter server server077.root.local .  Can you please add vcenter server FQDN entry in host file of vcloud usage meter server or use IP address instead of vCenter FQDN?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It is DNS issue. UM unable to resolve vCenter server server077.root.local .  Can you please add vcenter server FQDN entry in host file of vcloud usage meter server or use IP address instead of vCenter FQDN?

0 Kudos
smolteni
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you

i'm working on it, as soon i test the DNS i will reply.

Thank you for now.

0 Kudos
smolteni
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Ksushil

i did some tests and from the meter i can ping with the name and ip address of the VC.

i have others logs..

n the Usage Meter at (x.x.x.x, fe80:0:0:0:250:56ff:fe96:554b%2), a collection from vcmprd077.root.local, begun at 2016-02-13 23:05:00, failed at 2016-02-13 23:06:23. com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.ClientTransportException: HTTP transport error: java.net.UnknownHostException: vcmprd077.root.local. Usage Meter will wait 300 seconds and retry up to 2 more times.
com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.ClientTransportException: HTTP transport error: java.net.UnknownHostException:  vcmprd077.root.local

com.sun.xml.internal.ws.transport.http.client.HttpClientTransport.getOutput(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.transport.http.client.HttpTransportPipe.process(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.transport.http.client.HttpTransportPipe.processRequest(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.transport.DeferredTransportPipe.processRequest(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.__doRun(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.pipe.Fiber._doRun(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.doRun(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.runSync(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.Stub.process(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.doProcess(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source) com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(Unknown Source) com.sun.proxy.$Proxy33.retrieveServiceContent(Unknown Source)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.vc.VCenterConnector.<init>(VCenterConnector.scala:31)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.vc.VCenterCollector.<init>(VCenterCollector.scala:18)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.VCenterCollectorCaller.<init>(VCenterCollectorCaller.scala:15)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.Collector$.collectAndSaveSamples(Collector.scala:137)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.Collector$$anonfun$com$vmware$cloud$usgmtr$collect$Collector$$collectOne$1.apply(Collector.scala:101)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.Collector$$anonfun$com$vmware$cloud$usgmtr$collect$Collector$$collectOne$1.apply(Collector.scala:97)
org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class._using(QueryDsl.scala:46)
org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class._executeTransactionWithin(QueryDsl.scala:115)
org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class.transaction(QueryDsl.scala:78)
org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode$.transaction(PrimitiveTypeMode.scala:40)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.Collector$.com$vmware$cloud$usgmtr$collect$Collector$$collectOne(Collector.scala:96)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.Collector$$anonfun$2$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Collector.scala:78)
com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.collect.Collector$$anonfun$2$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(Collector.scala:78)
scala.concurrent.impl.Future$PromiseCompletingRunnable.liftedTree1$1(Future.scala:24)
scala.concurrent.impl.Future$PromiseCompletingRunnable.run(Future.scala:24)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Likewise are you able to resolve it from vCenter (both forward and reverse lookup)? Have you tried adding the vCenter FQDN in UM host file ?

0 Kudos
smolteni
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I discovered that there wasn't the reverse lookup zone in the DNS zone of that subnet.

Now is corrected. How can i test the automatic without wait next month day? we usually get the reports every 28th day of the month...

Thank you.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Re configure automatic reporting with a recent date to check the reporting functionality and then change it back to the original date for reporting.

0 Kudos
smolteni
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hurrà seems to work. I will wait until the 29 to see again it.

Thank you for now.

regards.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did that worked ?

0 Kudos
smolteni
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No we did not receive the report but also we do get errors...

I see that generating the report automatically we receive 2 files, the Monthly usage that we had configured in the "automatic reporting" tab and another file that is xxxx_virtual_machines_by_product_server.zip that is not present in the manual report request.

Is there a way to test the automatic report continuosly (for trouble shooting)?

We have two sites with Vmeter, one is working perfectly and one not, they are configured identically... this is very frustrating...

0 Kudos