VMware Cloud Community
wade001
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud 2.3 upgrade to 3.1 missing updateum file

I am following the instructions for updating the usage meter appliance from 2.3 to 3.1 and I have copied the update to patch file to the /root directory , unzipped the file and changed directory to get into the usage-meter-300-update directory however I do not see a file "updateum" any where and the command fails...

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. Am I correct that you are first upgrading from 2.3 to 3.0, and that you are following these instructions?

Migrating from Version 2.3.2

Apply the Upgrade

1. Transfer the patch file, usage-meter-300-update.zip to root's home directory (/root) in the appliance
  2. Log into the appliance as root
  3. unzip usage-meter-300-update.zip
  4. cd usage-meter-300-update
  5. ./updateum
0 Kudos
wade001
Contributor
Contributor

yes I have followed the instructions just as you haver written.  The ./updateum command does not exist and I can not locate any script with that file name.

0 Kudos
wade001
Contributor
Contributor

ah ok I see I must upgrade from 2.3 to 3.0, I cannot upgrade directly to 3.1 from 2.3...  I will try that ..

thanks

0 Kudos
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you’re not in a hurry, you can wait for 3.2, which will update in one step from 2.3.2 and later versions.

0 Kudos
LDGray
Contributor
Contributor

When will version 3.2 be out? Thanks

0 Kudos
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

“Soonish” may be as specific as I can be. Others make those announcements. So stay tuned.

0 Kudos