VMware Cloud Community
JEHolo3
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Operations Manager - Rebuild - Error

A while after pressing the vCenter Operations Manager - Rebuild button do I get the message :

The server cannot be contacted at this time.

Is it a vCenter or a vCops server it reports it cannot connect to ?

We Have 16 vCenter servers added to this UMT server.

The last 3 days have I received 24 OK on all 16 servers and today we have also just OKs.

So it looks like communication with vCenter servers are OK.

How can I see which vCenter / vCops server UMT is trying to contact and that is not responding ?

I have a suspicion one of the customer teams have added a vCops server at a time and then removed it.

How do I clean up and fix this problem if my suspicion is correct ?

How do I de-register a non-existing vCops server from the vCenter server ?

Any other tips how to solve this issue ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi. This means that JavaScript code running in your browser as part of the Usage Meter Web app made an “Ajax” call which didn’t succeed. There may be a stack trace with the cause, but it is a little tricky to get. If you’re running Chrome, you can right click in the Web app, say inspect element and that will open Chrome’s developer tools. From there if you go to the network section and then get the error to occur, you can examine the Ajax response and perhaps find a stack trace. Then we’ll know what happened.

Dave Briccetti

Lead engineer, vCloud Usage Meter

0 Kudos
JEHolo3
Contributor
Contributor

Security policy prohibits me from installing Chrome.

Asked one of our inhouse developers for help with debuging in Firefox.

Not sure we looked at right debugging type of screen.

We could see that 2 requests was sent out and it looked like one received a reply, but that the other timed out.

There was a long period between the last request and the error message.

No reply or activity on the debugging screen we looked at when the error message was displayed.

This is what he got out - hope it is useful.

Have substituted all local names with created names.

-------- First Request -------------------------------

Request URL:

https://UMT-SERVER-DNS-NAME:8443/um/ajax_request/F672570054851PGKGOR-00/

Request Method:

Status Code:

Request Headers

10:04:41.000

X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequestUser-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0Referer:https://UMT-SERVER-DNS-NAME:8443/um/managePragma:no-cacheHost:UMT-SERVER-DNS-NAME:8443Content-Type:a... charset=UTF-8Content-Length:24Connection:keep-aliveCache-Control:no-cacheAccept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.5Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflateAccept:text/javascript, application/javascript, application/ecmascript, application/x-ecmascript, */*; q=0.01

Sent Cookie

JSESSIONID:052AD15409180655C8E00119D6485CB4

------- Second request -------------------   

Request URL:

https://UMT-SERVER-DNS-NAME:8443/um/ajax_request/F672570054851PGKGOR/

Request Method:

Status Code:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Request Headers

10:05:04.000

X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequestUser-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0Referer:https://UMT-SERVER-DNS-NAME:8443/um/managePragma:no-cacheHost:UMT-SERVER-DNS-NAME:8443Content-Type:a... charset=UTF-8Content-Length:12Connection:keep-aliveCache-Control:no-cacheAccept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.5Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflateAccept:text/javascript, application/javascript, application/ecmascript, application/x-ecmascript, */*; q=0.01

Sent Cookie

JSESSIONID:052AD15409180655C8E00119D6485CB4

Response Headers

Δ1446ms

X-Lift-Version:2.5Server:Apache-Coyote/1.1Pragma:no-cacheExpires:Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:20:27 GMTDate:Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:05:06 GMTContent-Type:application/javascript;charset=utf-8Content-Length:0Cache-Control:no-cache, private, no-store

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos