VMware Cloud Community
jsmurray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

v2.1.1 Missing interface options

We recently introduced a v2.1.1 Usage Meter to parallel run with our existing v2.0 Usage Meter.

Missing from the GUI appears to be the ability to excude specific hosts from the report generation.  I've looked hard for it, but cannot find it anywhere despite it being mentioned in the Release Notes and FAQ.

I also cannot find an updated User Guide.  The guide available in the the downloads section appears to be for v2.0 still.

Also, gone is the ability to send a test email to check SMTP mail flow is working. although I see the ability to use authenticated SMTP has been put back in.

All in all, I much prefer the old v2.0 Usage Meter web interface. If anyone knows how to run a report with excluded hosts, I'd be very gratefu if you could share...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi. Thanks for your note.

Host exclusion for reporting is done at the license key level. After a successful collection, the discovered license keys will appear on the Licenses page. You can uncheck those for hosts whose VMs are not to be reported.

The user documentation is a bit behind, as you have discovered.

You can enable an email alert on successful collection to test whether email can be sent.

Dave “Bric” Briccetti

Usage Meter Team

0 Kudos
jsmurray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Excellent news.  I just wish I'd labelled all my keys better so I knew which was which for the hosts 😉  Easy enough to work out.

I configured the email on successul collection (now disabled again - noisy) but would still rather have the test email re-introduced.

Thanks for your help Bric.

0 Kudos