VMware Cloud Community
marc67
Contributor
Contributor

usage meter 2.3 fails - not sure why

Hello and thanks in advance for your support.

I have a VSPP meter 2.3 server that is acting strangely.  Here is the um.log.  When I run the 'test' it says it is collecting, but we are not getting any reports to be generated.  Also cannot see anything but  the following selections at the top of the screen:

Manage, Licenses, Automatic Reporting, Monitor, Customers, Rules, [Report IS NOT VISIBLE], Support, Log Out

Thanks in advance

Marc

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
marc67
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I should have asked my questions.  They are:

1.  HOw can we tell if this is running correctly so as to distinguish it from network or other issues?

2.  What would make the 'Reports' link not show up at all in the browser?  I am using IE and it accepts this IP as a trusted site which was a problem for others but is trusted in our case.

3.  I saw connection timeout in the log file....what does that really indicate?

Thank you again for your community support.

Regards

Marc

0 Kudos
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

>What would make the 'Reports' link not show up at all in the browser?

Hi. I can answer this part for you right away. If there is nothing in the database to report on, the Reports tab doesn’t appear. Until recent versions, there is a defect where once data is collected, the tab doesn’t appear until you reload the page.

Dave Briccetti

Lead Usage Meter developer

marc67
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Dave.  Ok, I think that part is fixed by doing as you said a reload, as well as putting the server IP into the Trusted Sites under IE/internet options, as well as hitting 'compatibility view' which seemed to fix the formatting.  So all of that is good now.  If I could just get the thing to start collecting now....:)

0 Kudos
marc67
Contributor
Contributor

Problem has spontaneously resolved, not sure why.  Perhaps it has problems sometimes with the collector up front, but then traffic begins to flow smoother and the data captured.  Just speculation.  Thanks again everyone :smileycool:

0 Kudos