VMware Cloud Community
BillStirling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

srm issues with v 3.0.0

I have just upgraded from 2.3.2 to 3.0.0 in the hope that it would pick up our v5 SRM.

The upgrade seems to have gone OK and it now recognises the existence of Operations Manager (but not the version) but I see that this will be addressed.

When it attempts to collect the srm information I get two error messages (one for each srm server):

An SRM collection from mysrm01.uk.local, begun at 2012-11-05 12:57:18, failed at 2012-11-05 12:57:34. The operation is not supported on the object.

An SRM collection from mysrm02.uk.local, begun at 2012-11-05 12:57:34, failed at 2012-11-05 12:57:34. java.net.UnknownHostException: mysrm02.uk.local

We are running vCenter 5.0.0 Build 623373

and SRM v5.0.1 Build 633117

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
metalgear32
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately Usage Meter 3.0 only supports SRM version 5.0.0 at this time. Support for 5.0.1 is to be added in a future release.

-- Chris

Technical Support Engineer | VCP4

VMware Global Support Services

BillStirling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Chris,

Will this product ever be up-to-date that is support the currently available product set.!!

Regards

Bill

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

We are looking at this issue now in our development environment because this should work and is working in all of our SRM setups except SRM 5.1 which is coming out later.

Are you using HBR (host based replication) or ABR (agent based replication)?

0 Kudos
BillStirling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are using Storage Array based replication (IBM XIV).

Regards

Bill

0 Kudos
kimonow
Contributor
Contributor

Getting the same errors here with UM 3.0.0 and SRM 5.0.1

Just a blank panel in UM that says 'this operation is not supported on the object' when adding the SRM server into UM.

0 Kudos
metalgear32
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We have identified this as being an issue with SRM servers using Array Based Replication. The error produced on the SRM side is:

"ListAssociatedVms is only supported on HBR protection groups"

We have not yet identified a workaround at this time and I will be sure to keep this thread updated with any relevant information that gets released.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This issue has been resolved with UM 3.0.2 patch that was just posted and should work with SRM versions 5.0, 5.0.1, and 5.1.

0 Kudos