VMware Cloud Community
Lifebook
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

error creating usage data report - java.io.IOException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Empty multipart: multipart/mixed;

Hi guys,

Any idea what could I do next? I configured this usage meter yesterday and tested the mail sending (OK). It seems to have some sort of problem forming the report? When I go to "Report" -tab from web interface I get all sorts of data so I'm guessing it's not a collector problem. I would appreciate any help.

---Snipped from um.log---

2012-08-01 07:20:00,433  INFO ["http-bio-8443"-exec-8] report.EmailScheduler$: Starting
2012-08-01 07:20:00,441  INFO ["http-bio-8443"-exec-8] report.EmailScheduler$: Scheduling automatic reporting for every midnight
2012-08-01 07:20:00,987 ERROR [EmailSendingTimer] report.EmailReport$: Error creating or sending the monthly usage report OURCOMPANY_UsageData_7_2012 to REPORT at XXX@XXX.com
javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message;
  nested exception is:
        java.io.IOException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Empty multipart: multipart/mixed;
        boundary="----=_Part_30_1480672753.1343805600466"
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1177)
        at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:195)
        at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.mail.Emailer.email(Emailer.scala:29)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailReport$.createAndEmailReport(EmailReport.scala:46)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$2$anonfun$sendIfRightDay$1$1.apply$mcV$sp(EmailScheduler.scala:43)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$2$anonfun$sendIfRightDay$1$1.apply(EmailScheduler.scala:43)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$2$anonfun$sendIfRightDay$1$1.apply(EmailScheduler.scala:43)
        at org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class._using(QueryDsl.scala:46)
        at org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class._executeTransactionWithin(QueryDsl.scala:114)
        at org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class.transaction(QueryDsl.scala:84)
        at org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode$.transaction(PrimitiveTypeMode.scala:40)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$2.sendIfRightDay$1(EmailScheduler.scala:42)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$2.apply(EmailScheduler.scala:55)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$2.apply(EmailScheduler.scala:37)
        at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:660)
        at org.squeryl.dsl.AbstractQuery$anon$1.foreach(AbstractQuery.scala:156)
        at scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:73)
        at org.squeryl.dsl.AbstractQuery.foreach(AbstractQuery.scala:27)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1.apply$mcV$sp(EmailScheduler.scala:37)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1.apply(EmailScheduler.scala:37)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1$anonfun$run$1.apply(EmailScheduler.scala:37)
        at org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class._using(QueryDsl.scala:46)
        at org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class._executeTransactionWithin(QueryDsl.scala:114)
        at org.squeryl.dsl.QueryDsl$class.transaction(QueryDsl.scala:78)
        at org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode$.transaction(PrimitiveTypeMode.scala:40)
        at com.vmware.cloud.usgmtr.report.EmailScheduler$anonfun$start$1$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1$anonfun$apply$1$anon$1.run(EmailScheduler.scala:36)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Empty multipart: multipart/mixed;
        boundary="----=_Part_30_1480672753.1343805600466"
        at com.sun.mail.handlers.multipart_mixed.writeTo(multipart_mixed.java:105)
        at javax.activation.ObjectDataContentHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:869)
        at javax.activation.DataHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:302)
        at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.writeTo(MimeBodyPart.java:1485)
        at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.writeTo(MimeMessage.java:1773)
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1121)
        ... 28 more
2012-08-01 07:20:57,000  INFO ["http-bio-8443"-exec-27] snippet.Report: Creating Detailed Usage Report for 2012 8
2012-08-01 07:21:15,431  INFO ["http-bio-8443"-exec-27] snippet.Report: Creating Detailed Usage Report for 2012 8
2012-08-01 07:21:23,045  INFO ["http-bio-8443"-exec-35] snippet.Report: Creating Customer Summary Report for 2012 8
2012-08-01 07:21:31,947  INFO ["http-bio-8443"-exec-8] snippet.Report: Creating Detailed Usage Report for 2012 8
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klehtoranta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My colleque accidentally figured out this problem. It's kind a stupid thing actually. I had not selected any of the report types from the small window in the middle of these settings. I of course assumed that they were selected since you can read them in that window (black text on white background) but you actually need to click at least one of those to be active (so that it appears as white text on blue backgroud). :smileylaugh:
So go to the tab where you can generate Automatic Reporting and select all or some of the Reports to include.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you’re available around now, we could look at this via webex.

0 Kudos
klehtoranta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My colleque accidentally figured out this problem. It's kind a stupid thing actually. I had not selected any of the report types from the small window in the middle of these settings. I of course assumed that they were selected since you can read them in that window (black text on white background) but you actually need to click at least one of those to be active (so that it appears as white text on blue backgroud). :smileylaugh:
So go to the tab where you can generate Automatic Reporting and select all or some of the Reports to include.
0 Kudos