VMware Cloud Community
tiffaj033
Contributor
Contributor

When will vROPs 6.6 be supported

Hi

In our environment we need to upgrade our 6.4 vROPs to 6.6 for security requirements. Looking at the support matrix for 3.6 this is not supported.

Can you please confirm when it will be supported? Our internal Security teams are insisting we carry out the vROPs upgrade ASAP

Cheers

James

6 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can upgrade from vROPs 6.4 to vROPs 6.6. Please go through release notes http://pubs.vmware.com/Release_Notes/en/vrops/66/vrops-66-release-notes.html, section - Installing and Updating vRealize Operations Manager

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
rstankova
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi James,

You can check VMware Product Interoperability Matrices currently we support vROPs 6.6.1. I hope this version is working for you and covers all security requirements.

Regards,

Rayna

SolidParkMagnus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

rstankova​ how can you say that UM 3.6.x supports vROPS 6.6?

vCloud Usage Meter cannot discover vRealize Operations Manager 6.6

vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 does not include a vSphere Web Client plugin. As a result, vRealize Operations Manager does not register itself as a plugin to the associated vCenter Server and is not present in the extension manager of the vCenter Server. When you add a vCenter Server to be metered, vCloud Usage Meter is not able to discover the associated vRealize Operations Manager.

Workaround: None.

0 Kudos
vinayag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Usage Meter 3.6/3.6.0.1 cannot meter vRealize Operations Manager (vROPS) 6.6 and it meters vROPS 6.6.1 - > VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.

Thanks,

Vinayaga. 

Thanks, Vinayaga.
0 Kudos
SolidParkMagnus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks vinyag

My UM 3.6 is unable to meter vROPS 6.6.1

I did a fresh installation of UM 3.6.0.1 and it is working. But i now have missing data from beginning of october.

0 Kudos
rstankova
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi dear Customer,

As it's state in mine and next reply the metered vROPs version is 6.6.1 and we provide you the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices​  where you can check the integration between the products.

let me know if any questions.

Regards,

Rayna

0 Kudos