VMware Cloud Community
mslagel2007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Usage Meter reports to um-reports@ vmware.com being rejected?

Hi,

Just installed 3.6.1. All seems well except the emails to um-reports@vmware.com are rejected when they get to the "VMWARE" servers. They leave my mail servers fine. Anyone know what they are looking for to validate?

um-reports@vmware.com
Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept email from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: BY2PR0501MB2087.namprd05.prod.outlook.com

um-reports@vmware.com
Remote Server returned '554 5.7.1 < #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 TRANSPORT.RULES.RejectMessage; the message was rejected by organization policy>'

---------------------------

Even sending directly to um-reports@vmware.com from my outlook.com account gets blocked. Or from my general work email account.

---------------------------------------

VMware is blocking from gmail or work or outlook.com

How to Fix It
An email admin at onevmw.onmicrosoft.com has created a custom mail flow rule that blocks messages that meet certain conditions, and it appears that your message has met one or more of those conditions.
  • Check the text above for a custom message from the email admin that may help explain why your message was blocked and how you might be able to fix it. For example, removing prohibited words from the message or sending the message from a different email account may be sufficient to deliver your message.
If you've tried and you're still not able to fix the problem, consider contacting the email admin at onevmw.onmicrosoft.com to discuss what to do. While they're unlikely to remove or relax the rule, if you have a legitimate need to deliver your message they may offer guidance for how to do so.

More Info for Email Admins
Status code: 550 5.7.1_ETR

This error occurs because an email admin at onevmw.onmicrosoft.com has created a custom mail flow rule that has blocked the sender's message.

In some cases, the sender can change the message so it no longer violates the rule. However, depending on the rule's conditions, it's possible that the only way to deliver the message is to change the rule itself, and only an email admin at onevmw.onmicrosoft.com can do that. Although it's possible the rule is unintentionally flawed or it's stricter than the admin intended, it may be working exactly as they want it to.
Original Message Details
Created Date:6/7/2018 8:09:20 PM
Sender Address:
Recipient Address:um-reports@vmware.com
Subject:test email

Error Details
Reported error:550 5.7.1 TRANSPORT.RULES.RejectMessage; the message was rejected by organization policy
DSN generated by:SN1PR0501MB2095.namprd05.prod.outlook.com

Message Hops
HOPTIME (UTC)FROMTOWITHRELAY TIME
16/7/2018
8:09:20 PM
2002:a02:9683:0:0:0:0:0HTTP*
26/7/2018
8:09:21 PM
mail-io0-f173.google.comSMTP1 sec
36/7/2018
8:09:21 PM
mail-io0-f173.google.comSN1NAM04FT009.mail.protection.outlook.comMicrosoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA_P256)*
46/7/2018
8:09:22 PM
SN1NAM04FT009.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.comBN7PR05CA0028.outlook.office365.comMicrosoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384)1 sec
56/7/2018
8:09:22 PM
BN7PR05CA0028.namprd05.prod.outlook.comSN1PR0501MB2095.namprd05.prod.outlook.comMicrosoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384)*
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmw_layuso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've been told the issue is resolved. It had to do with a change being made to VMware's email services. If you are still getting the message, its fine as all emails are coming in.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmw_layuso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is this still happening? If so, could you do me a favor and try to email um-reports@vmware.com from your own email? Just a test email. Let me know if that goes through.

0 Kudos
vmw_layuso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've been told the issue is resolved. It had to do with a change being made to VMware's email services. If you are still getting the message, its fine as all emails are coming in.

0 Kudos
altondaniels
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a resolution?  I am getting this message Fri 2/23/2024 6:04 AM

A custom mail flow rule created by an admin at onevmw.onmicrosoft.com has blocked your message.

Recipient is not authorized to accept external mail

alton.l.daniels.civ

Office 365

vmware.com

Sender

Action Required

Blocked by mail flow rule

How to Fix It

An email admin at onevmw.onmicrosoft.com has created a custom mail flow rule that blocks messages that meet certain conditions, and it appears that your message has met one or more of those conditions.

·         Check the text above for a custom message from the email admin that may help explain why your message was blocked and how you might be able to fix it. For example, removing prohibited words from the message or sending the message from a different email account may be sufficient to deliver your message.

If you've tried and you're still not able to fix the problem, consider contacting the email admin at onevmw.onmicrosoft.com to discuss what to do. While they're unlikely to remove or relax the rule, if you have a legitimate need to deliver your message they may offer guidance for how to do so.

0 Kudos