VMware Cloud Community
TChitwood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade process 2.2 to 2.3 in vCloud Usage Meter?

I saw a post a couple of weeks ago that an upgrade package was on the way.  Is there an expected availability date yet?  We are currently using 2.2, is it Ok if we wait until the upgrade is available rather than install an new appliance?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
30 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We are looking to run the updated migrator with one or two more Usage Meter users prior to release. Anybody available in the next few hours?

0 Kudos
bryan_williams
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unfortunately I am leaving for the day. I will be available at 8:30 AM EDT tomorrow.

Bryan Williams

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Bryan,

I know Bric is PDT time.

If you want to do this earlier, I'm online at 9 am EDT tomorrow.  If you want to do this, PM me and we can try to sync up.

Cheers,

Jon

0 Kudos
wwimberly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Is an updated migration script available?

I am seeing this issue upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3.2. When trying to migrate the 2.2 database, the process hangs after displaying "Migrating samples". I see the following in the postgresql log.
2012-06-13 16:35:39 EDT usage_meter_db postgres ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "idxc72a0c4d"
2012-06-13 16:35:39 EDT usage_meter_db postgres STATEMENT:  insert into "Vm" ("id", "instanceUuid", "reportExclusionReason", "moref", "cpuCount", "vcName", "hostId", "vcServerId", "nicCount", "guestFullName", "ipV4Address", "guestHostName") values (nextval('"s_Vm_id"'),$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11) RETURNING "id"
I reverted back to 2.2 to avoid missing data collection, but need to get upgraded to 2.3 before our next reporting period.
Thanks
0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can you get a support case started and Private Message me the ID number?  I'll see if we can get someone to work with you that way.

0 Kudos
BrainSlug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When will there be an updated migration script available?

We've had the same issue as lazyllama and wwimberly. We need to migrate to 2.3.2 and our old data samples are not showing up.

0 Kudos
amorison
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your email.. I am away from the office Thursday afternoon.

If you have any questions during this time please ring our office on 1300 130 412

--

Andrew Morison - IT Group Manager

Techno Phobia

504 Racecourse Rd, Flemington, Victoria, 3031

Ph: 1300 130 412 Fax: 1300 130 413

Email : andrew@techno.com.au

Website : www.techno.com.au<http://www.techno.com.au><www.techno.com.au%3chttp:/www.techno.com.au%3e><www.tech...

0 Kudos
andersch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any solution to this out yet?

Really need to get it upgraded ASAP.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

andersch,

If you get a support case going, they should have access to the most current version of the upgrade utilities.

There were some issues in migrating 2.2 data to 2.3.2, but most were ironed out.

However, as a precaution, we usually snapshot the VM when powered off ... then power up and upgrade ... if it works, that's great ... if not, we can quickly revert without missing sample intervals.

Best Regards,

Jon Hemming

NiloPozo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I had the same issue and for me the problem was solved with this KB:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203296...

Best regards.

EvolJ
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excellent! Worked for me too.

0 Kudos