VMware Cloud Community
shrklet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Understanding Billing RAM (MB) and Billed RAM (MB-Hours) in 3.4

Hello

can someone explain me what is the Difference between  Billing RAM (MB) and Billed RAM (MB-Hours) in 3.4.

Where i can get the the vGB Used for a Customer in 3.4 ?

Br Stefan

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi. I’m assuming you’re looking at the VM History Report.

Billing RAM is calculated as the larger of

1) reserved RAM

2) 1/2 the allocated RAM

capped at 24 GB

Billed RAM is Billing RAM × Time (in hours)

The Billed RAMs are summed, converted to GB, and then divided by the number of hours in the month to give the Avg Billed RAM (GB) you see on the Monthly Usage Report.

Is that what you’re looking for?

Dave Briccetti

Lead developer, vCloud Usage Meter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi. I’m assuming you’re looking at the VM History Report.

Billing RAM is calculated as the larger of

1) reserved RAM

2) 1/2 the allocated RAM

capped at 24 GB

Billed RAM is Billing RAM × Time (in hours)

The Billed RAMs are summed, converted to GB, and then divided by the number of hours in the month to give the Avg Billed RAM (GB) you see on the Monthly Usage Report.

Is that what you’re looking for?

Dave Briccetti

Lead developer, vCloud Usage Meter

0 Kudos
shrklet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello dbriccetti.

Yes it is. Thanks for Explanation.

When it did starting that i can get browse the  "Customer Monthly Usage" for a Customer. How many Collection Intervals needed ti get the Avg Billed RAM (GB)?

Starting with 3.4 i have to Sum all Billed Ram for a Customer manually over the Virtual Machine History Report for a Customer . With Older Versions of vCloud Usage Meter i was able to see the Sum of Billed vRam faster.

This Function is gone caused by:

Release Notes of 3.4

Deleted Reports

• Detailed Usage Report

• Detailed Billing Report

Thanks for you Help

Br Stefan

dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Br Stefan. What is Br?

The Customer Monthly Usage Report should do the job for you. It may be that the average values are so low that they don’t appear in the report. Decimal places are dropped, and zero values are not shown.

Do you see your customers on the VM History Report?

0 Kudos
shrklet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello dbriccetti

Br = Best Regards Smiley Happy

We are starting new wit the vCloud Air Network Program. So this is our First Customer.

How i able to forecast the the Average Billed Ram without manually Sum Billed Ram of VMs - caused by no "Customer Monthly Usage" Report are available.

With Pre 3.4 Versions it looks like this was much easier. (Caused by the Deleted Reports)

When i can except to getting a Monthly Usage Report First for the Customer ? Right now vCloud Usage Meter collected 23 Times (Hours) Data from the vCenter .

Best Regards

Stefan

dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

By now you probably have this answered, but you can generate reports any time you like. Typically, service providers generate them at the beginning of a month, for the previous month.

0 Kudos