VMware Cloud Community
JEHolo3
Contributor
Contributor

UMT 3.3 and SRM - List of SRM servers contacted.

How can I see which SRM servere out UMT 3.3 server contact and collects info about ?

We have a new UMT 3.3 server and have imported the info from our UMT 3.1 server.

The UMT 3.3 server have 16 vCenter servers registered.

When refreshing / importing the certificates did I notice that at least 4 times was the SRM servers contacted - as I had to open port 9007 before the certificates was saved.

I refreshed/imported the certificates by clicking on Edit on each vCenter server registration.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Usage Meter finds SRM servers by looking at vCenter Server extensions.

0 Kudos
JEHolo3
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to verify which SRM servers it collects info about before the 1 of May - so that I know it will collect the correct info for May.

This is why I would like to see a list of SRM servers our UMT 3.3 server contact and collects info about.

Any way to see such a list in UMT 3.3 ?

0 Kudos
JEHolo3
Contributor
Contributor

I found the answer myself to this one :

The list of SRM servers UMT tries to contact can be found by by checking for Error messages about "no peer vCenter is configured" and which vCenter servers are configured with a "Site Recovery Manager Peer"

A bit of useful info and how-to :

1 : If the UMT server discovers a vCenter have SRM configured then it will try to contact the SRM VM on port 9007

2: The UMT server will give the following error if the vCenter server is not configured with a vCenter peer :

Skipping collection for SRM server 10.XX.YY.ZZ of vCenter Server dns-name-of-vcenter  because no peer vCenter Server is configured.
           So check if there are any such error messages and fix them by clicking "Edit" on the protected vCenter server and add the other "peer" vCenter server.
          Notice the info text about only adding the peer in one direction.
3: One can now see which vCenter servers (and associated SRM servers) UMT  will contact in the vCenter Server list (Manage - Products) by looking on the "Site Recovery Manager Peer" column.

0 Kudos
Basefarm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New version of doc (dated 29 April) shows how to configure this properly.

0 Kudos