VMware Cloud Community
trmkrve
Contributor
Contributor

UM 3.5.0: unable to accept certificate for vROps instance

I'm testing the new UM 3.5.0 in our lab and I have an issue where I can't accept the certificate of a (new) vROps instance.

I'm getting the following message: "Please complete the configuration of the 1.2.3.4 vRealize Operations server on the Manage Page Products Tab."

In the manage products tab, the status of the vROps instance is "Not yet discovered". When I click edit, I need to re-enter the credentials and press "Save", at which point I'm sent back to the manage products tab and a new message appears: "1.2.3.4: The host certificate doesn't match the certificate you accepted (or you haven’t yet accepted the certificate). Please see the Manage Page Products Tab."

But there is no option to accept the certificate ... looks like a bug to me (when I edit the vROps instance again, same thing happens ... endless loop, no option to accept the cert.)

What may have contributed to this is that the vROps instance was not powered on at the moment I added the VCs, so I got a few "No route to host" errors until I powered on the vROps instance (probably something that doesn't happen a lot in production Smiley Happy

Can anyone from the UM team take a look at this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
5 Replies
Kadalamage
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Ruben,

Looks like you have not Accepted the certificate of VROPS, when you added the VC. Hence you are not able to register the VROPS with Usage Meter.

Find the solution below:-

1) Delete the VC associated with VROPS.

2) Re-add the VC again. By doing so, you will get the Prompt to Accept the VROPS certicate. Accept the certificate and configure VROPS.

Regards

Avinash

SolidParkMagnus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ruben and Kadalamage

Sorry for barging in to the thread, hope you dont mind. I also had the same problem, suggested procedure solved it. Thank you.

However i also have an inactive decomissioned vROPS instance visible in UM, how can we delete/hide that one? Clicking on edit entering user credentuils obviously wont work since the appliance is long gone. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Kadalamage
Contributor
Contributor

Actual procedure is to remove all the products from Usagemeter before decomissioning, otherwise some times stale entry will be present in usage meter.

Vrops is always associated with VC. Hence I suggest you to delete the VC related to decommissioned VROPS  and add the VC again. This should remove the state entry, hopefully.

0 Kudos
SolidParkMagnus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found the solution. It looks as if after a few minutes when the currect vROPS certificate had been accepted and installed, the old zoombie vCOPS disappeared by itself. So pateince is sometimes a virtue... 😉

0 Kudos
vcollin2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

No need to remove the vCenter; just edit the vcenter and save the configuration; it will trigger the discover of the vrealize Operation and ask you to accept the certificate.

Cheers.

0 Kudos