VMware Cloud Community
wddavid
Contributor
Contributor

UM 3.3 Exception occured while processing /manage

Hi All,

Currently I'm running Usage Meter v3.0 (having tried and failed previously to upgrade to v3.1).  I've deployed a new instance running v3.3 and ran the import command which appeared to complete successfully.  (Log file attached).  Upon attempting to login to the new web front end, it was apparent that the password had not been set to that of the old system like it should have been so I had to manually set it from the console using the webpass command.  Following that, I was able to log in however the application immediately throws an error "Exception occurred while processing /manage".  Full error message attached.  When looking at Postgres, it appears that the requested table "VcServer12" doesn't exist.

Is anyone able to assist with this?

Cheers,

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi. We are working on making these updates more automatic. But for now ... Let’s first rule out that you gave the wrong version number of the “source” Usage Meter to the importum command.

Dave Briccetti

Lead developer, vCloud Usage Meter

0 Kudos
wddavid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dave,

I can confirm the correct version number was used.  My current version is 3.0.0.  The import command I used was "importum abstracted_hostname 300".

David

0 Kudos
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

OK. How did you get to 3.0? Update from 2.3.2? New appliance? That VcServer column, “instanceUuid”, first appeared in 3.0. One possible explanation is that your 3.0 UM does not have a correct database schema.

0 Kudos
wddavid
Contributor
Contributor

The 3.0 instance was a new install.  We previously had an existing 2.2 instance but just ran that in parallel for a month when cutting over.

0 Kudos
bahabaydar
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates to this? I hit the same thing when upgrading from 2.3.2 to 3.3. "Exception occured while processing /manage" etc...

0 Kudos
wddavid
Contributor
Contributor

In short, no. The above was as far as I got. I've talked to my aggregator and they've advised that reporting using 3.0 is still supported and it works with VC 5.5 so I'm sticking with that. Not sure about your 2.3 install however.

To be honest I couldn't get an upgrade from 2.x to 3 to work either so at this point I'm going to wait until vmware get things sorted with a version that is designed to be upgraded and has actual support because forum only support for a product that I have to use to report usage is a joke.

Sorry,guess that doesn't help.

0 Kudos
anupam0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We are looking into this.  Please file a support request so we can assist further.  Thanks.

VMware - How to File a Support Request Online | United States

0 Kudos