Currently I'm running Usage Meter v3.0 (having tried and failed previously to upgrade to v3.1). I've deployed a new instance running v3.3 and ran the import command which appeared to complete successfully. (Log file attached). Upon attempting to login to the new web front end, it was apparent that the password had not been set to that of the old system like it should have been so I had to manually set it from the console using the webpass command. Following that, I was able to log in however the application immediately throws an error "Exception occurred while processing /manage". Full error message attached. When looking at Postgres, it appears that the requested table "VcServer12" doesn't exist.
Is anyone able to assist with this?
Hi. We are working on making these updates more automatic. But for now ... Let’s first rule out that you gave the wrong version number of the “source” Usage Meter to the importum command.
Lead developer, vCloud Usage Meter
OK. How did you get to 3.0? Update from 2.3.2? New appliance? That VcServer column, “instanceUuid”, first appeared in 3.0. One possible explanation is that your 3.0 UM does not have a correct database schema.
In short, no. The above was as far as I got. I've talked to my aggregator and they've advised that reporting using 3.0 is still supported and it works with VC 5.5 so I'm sticking with that. Not sure about your 2.3 install however.
To be honest I couldn't get an upgrade from 2.x to 3 to work either so at this point I'm going to wait until vmware get things sorted with a version that is designed to be upgraded and has actual support because forum only support for a product that I have to use to report usage is a joke.
Sorry,guess that doesn't help.