VMware Cloud Community
seversole
Contributor
Contributor

The report is empty?

Newly installed 3.0 appliance.  I have created the license set, the license key is properly retrieved and viewable in vCloud Usage Meter, and is selected as part of the license set.  I have created the one "customer".  And in the "Rules" page, I selected the Customer name (showed up in dropdown), selected the entire vCenter server, and clicked Create.  The "Rules List" tab shows the correct information, and all VMs are displayed in the "Mapped Virtual Machines" tab.

Unfortunately, none of the reports will display...and I've tried all of them.  They all say "The report is empty", even though the status at the top says things such as "The Customer Summary Report has completed, and will appear on the Report page".  Any idea what I'm missing here?  Thank you much!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi. Does the Monitor page show sucessful collections? Can you get a detailed billing report for a month where collections were sucessful, using only the date range as criteria (no license set or customer)?

If yes and no, maybe I could look at your system with you now?

Dave Briccetti

dbriccetti@vmware.com

0 Kudos
seversole
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for the quick reply Dave!  Yes, the monitor does show successful connections, and no, all reports show empty.  Sure, I'd be glad for you to take a look, thx Dave!

0 Kudos
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Steven is using IE, and the solution we found was to go to Internet Options, and make the Usage Meter a trusted site.

0 Kudos
seversole
Contributor
Contributor

Did a WebEx with Dave, and after a lot of digging around, we found out that it was only an Internet Explorer problem.  We were successfully able to view the report in FireFox, so I tried again in Internet Explorer, this time after adding the URL as a Trusted Site, and it worked fine!  Thanks for the help Dave!

0 Kudos