VMware Cloud Community
GregUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Only report on specific products?

Hi All,

I'm completely new to this product so would appreciate some help please:-)

My Customer has a licence shortfall, while we migrate from their existing vCenter to the new vCenter, and as this migration is likely to take some time I've been asked to install vCloud Usage Meter, so that the licences can be paid for via vCAN.

The issue we have is that the entire environment is licensed properly, other than 2 x vCenter 6.0 and 2 x vSphere 6.0 hosts. Hence I only want to get pay for these licences.

Is this possible?

If so could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks,

Greg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GregUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All,

Could someone point me in the right direction on where to get official help with this please?

As I pointed out in my original post I need vCloud Usage Meter to only charge for specific products that aren't licensed.

Any help greatly appreciatedSmiley Happy

Cheers,

Gerg

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

I thought that the point of usage meter was to track usage verses a license code installed to Usage Meter.  e.g. track the consumption of a license and report it back to VMware.

0 Kudos
GregUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting point. I had assumed that it would report on all usage and bill accordingly.

From what you are saying would we install a 'special' licence and the Usage Meter would just pick up on the usage of the 'special' licence?

0 Kudos