VMware Cloud Community
Donatellow
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nothing happens after UM 3.6.1 attempts to log into vCenter

Hi there,

I have been trying to add a vCenter Server 6.5 onto the Products tab but to no avail. There is an inactive entry that was the vCenter 5.5.

I have used in combination of IP address, FQDN, NetBIOS for the hostname with Domain\Username, username and local admin accounts with known passwords. Does it matter if I didn't define the PSC initially and edit it later? Please could someone help me out on how I can check this in depth?

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmw_layuso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

First, if you are having issues with Usage Meter, you ca open a ticket with VMware Support. There is a team that covers the UM products specifically with engineers in each of the call centers.

Secondly, it does matter if you have an external PSC or not. There is a checkbox in the vCenter configuration for the external PSC. If the PSC is external, click that checkbox and provide the IP/FQDN of the PSC.

Once you have added the credentials of the vCenter, there should appear towards the top of the products page a button to accept the certificate. Nothing will be collected until you do that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vmw_layuso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

First, if you are having issues with Usage Meter, you ca open a ticket with VMware Support. There is a team that covers the UM products specifically with engineers in each of the call centers.

Secondly, it does matter if you have an external PSC or not. There is a checkbox in the vCenter configuration for the external PSC. If the PSC is external, click that checkbox and provide the IP/FQDN of the PSC.

Once you have added the credentials of the vCenter, there should appear towards the top of the products page a button to accept the certificate. Nothing will be collected until you do that.

Donatellow
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi vmw_layuso,

Thanks for the reply.

Nothing happens after I have added the credentials of the vCenter and it does the testing login of this credential.

Looks like I'll have to open a ticket with VMware Support.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Donatellow
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi vmw_layuso,

VMware Support had resolved the issue. Thank you!

0 Kudos
vmw_layuso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Happy to hear it was resolved!