VMware Cloud Community
JeanC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No vCenter Operations Manager extension info for "IP" was collected from a vCenter Server

Hello,

I just started with a clean install of the vCloud Usage Meter 3.4.

The first couple of collections went fine but now it fails due to vCenter Operations Manager.

We are still using the Operations manager, so it is not needed to be removed the Usage meter doe see the version of vCOPS (5.8.4.2199700.

Capture.JPG

Getting the following mail:
Subject:    

Usage Meter Hourly Collection, Errors Detected

Body:    

Usage Meter: (IP) Start time: 2015-11-04 12:00:00

Duration:    9 seconds

No vCenter Operations Manager extension info for "vCOPS IP" was collected from a vCenter Server.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeanC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All,

Had a call with VMware Support and the Development team of the Usage Meter. this is a bug in the 3.4 version and there is a workaround for this.

The workaround is to use teh SSO user (Administrator@vsphere.local) to connect to the vCenter Server in the Usage Meter.

Regards

Jean

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bengels0
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think following How to remove vCenter Operations Manager in Usage Meter? without doing step 1 might work for you. Maybe you also have to reenter vROPS credentials.

0 Kudos
JeanC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the responce.

i have tried the following steps from How to remove vCenter Operations Manager in Usage Meter?

2.     In vCLUM web portal, click Manage at top right

3.     Make sure the Products tab is selected

4.     Click the checkbox Show Inactive

5.     Click the Delete button next to the vCenter that your old vCOPs/vROPs server was previously tied (You will get a prompt saying that it will not delete the vCenter if it's already polled it for data)

6.     Finally, click the Activate button next to the vCenter.

At step 4 there are no inactive products, the vCLUM is a clean install.

At step 5 i have deleted all vCenter servers which are connected to vCOPS.

An aditional step ececuted here: Rebuils the vCenter Operations Manager list, this removed the vCOPs system from the products list.

At step 6 the vCOPs server was discovered again. And had to reenter the vCOPs credentials.

Still getting the same error:

Usage Meter: (vCLUM IP) Start time: 2015-11-05 15:00:00

Duration:    10 seconds

No vCenter Operations Manager extension info for vCOPs-IP was collected from a vCenter Server

Regards Jean

0 Kudos
moonsurfer68
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you tried rebooting the vCLUM appliance? If that does not work, double-check that the vCOPs credentials that you're entering are correct and are still valid. Outside of that, I recommend you open a VMware support case as it sounds like something else is going on. Might even be a bug.

Hope this helps!

Chris

0 Kudos
JeanC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All,

Had a call with VMware Support and the Development team of the Usage Meter. this is a bug in the 3.4 version and there is a workaround for this.

The workaround is to use teh SSO user (Administrator@vsphere.local) to connect to the vCenter Server in the Usage Meter.

Regards

Jean

0 Kudos
moonsurfer68
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing!

Chris

0 Kudos